9 March 2013

5 Crafts I'd like to try

Since most of my posts lately seem to be about decoden, I've decided to make a post about some other crafts I'd like to try. This will mostly be jewellery related stuff with a few other things mixed in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorian-Diamante-Pendant-Necklace-Antique/dp/B005RR0XJY
1. I'd love to try hand carving one of those Cameo Pendants out of polymer clay! I love the way they look, and I know a lot of people make them using molds... but I just can't imagine buying already made molds off of the internet! Most cameos are actually carved out of stone or sea shell, but I want to make one out of clay. I know it can be done!

This is probably the one I want to make the most. I haven't had much experience carving polymer clay, but I know the very basics on how to do it. I can't wait to try it out!

2. I want to try to make a really intricate Victorian style Choker like the one on here. I've already made a few ribbon chokers, but they're nothing really compared to the sort on that website. The problem is, I need to buy in all the things I need for that project, and I don't really like having to do that unless I really know what I'm doing. Another thing is, I've never really tried anything like that. Maybe I'll try it when I've had a lot more practice with jewellery making (and have more money).

3. Resin Charms! There are so many different styles you can make with them! I'd like to try making the 'kawaii' or cute style ones, like the ones here! I know this will sound a little strange, but I kind of like the idea of being able to use real sweets in crafts with out worrying about them going all nasty and mouldy (no air gets in resin)! I'd also like to try different styles I've seen, like these steam punk style ones. I don't have any resin at the moment, but I hope I can find some someday! 

4. I'd like to try Mokume Gane with polymer clay. I'd like to try making some with gold leaf like the ones here, but I doubt that's going to happen lol. 

5. I never actually learn how to make Friendship Bracelets. I'd like to have a go at learning how to make them. I have no idea when I'd actually wear them, but it would be fun to give them a try. I'd need to buy lots of cord of course, since you need about 10 miles of cord for one bracelet (ok, that was a little sarcastic, but you really need a lot of cord!)

So, there's five of the many things I'd love to make, but I'm not exactly sure if I'd ever be able to! If I do manage to make any of these, I'll definitely make a post about it :)