9 November 2013

Ranger Glossy Accents!

Wow. I haven't had the chance to update here in too long! I have actually been very busy... I haven't even managed to do any Halloween themed posts :( Maybe I'll make a post later about what we did!

Back on to the subject though, a while ago when I was trying to find some where that stocks craft resin I discovered Glossy Accents - which is basically a glue which is used for making embellishments. According to the packet, it is a 3-dimensional, clear gloss medium that dries to a hard clear and resistant finish. Here is a picture of the product I'm talking about:
(http://www.craftobsessions.co.uk/ranger-glossy-accents)
Today I'm going to be doing a sort of review about it. It's not exactly going to be a review though, more looking at the sort of things you can do with this.

I have been using it on normal metal embellishments to create a resin-like effect. I took the embellishments and put them on different types of paper or card, then used Glossy Accents on them. At first, it comes out a cloudy colour.


You can add glitter, rhinestones/pearl things after you put the Glossy Accents on.


Sorry you can't see this picture very well! Try not to mix it too much, or else a lot of air bubbles will form in it!

You don't just have to use on the sort of embellishments that have gaps in either - here are some butterflies I used without paper.


On the packet, it says it will take 15 - 60 minutes for it to dry. However, I've found that one hour is only long enough for the surface to dry, and not long enough for the whole thing to dry - even on the butterflies. I had to leave mine over night for them to dry fully, but the effect that was made when they finished drying was really pretty!


I love how these have come out! All you have to do now is cut around the edge of the embellishment to remove the excess paper.


And it's done! The even better thing about doing this is that if you are allergic to nickel like me, you don't have to worry about buying the more expensive nickel free embellishments because you can use the Glossy Accents to cover it so it won't hurt you. 

Click to enlarge!

I have lots of these little birdcages, so I tried them out on lots of different types of paper and card.