29 December 2012

Just a short update :)

I had a happy Christmas. Did you have a happy Christmas? I'll assume you answered 'yes' and say 'good'. Anyway, it's that awkward time of year now when you have no idea what to do because Christmas is mostly finished and it's the New Year next week (and also my birthday!!!).

So, anyway, you may be happy to know my conjunctivitis decided to leave me alone without even spreading to the other eye like it normally decides to do :) In fact, it didn't even hang around for that long. Only for about two days. I guess not touching it really does help... Also, eating a load of immune system-boosting oranges helps too! (Sorry, teeth.)

Moving on to something slightly more relevant, it's about this time last year that I discovered polymer clay. My mum got my sister a jewellery making kit with polymer clay in it last year. Not very good polymer clay at all - most of it didn't go hard at all after we baked it and it's still pliable now. Anyway, my sister ended up getting all frustrated with it (she was only 8!) and I ended up gaining a jewellery making kit with polymer clay in it. lol. I was already in to jewellery making, but I guess making polymer clay jewellery with my sister was what really got me in to jewellery making. Soon after that, I managed to get my hands on some real polymer clay (well, it was Sculpey III polymer clay, so at least close to real polymer clay) and I started off by making a few charms and earrings. Then my favourite craft shop got Fimo Soft clay in!
My first polymer clay earrings lol :) I cut them in half when I was making them
with scissors because I didn't have a blade or a craft knife lol!

A few tutorials I'm planning on making:
  • I'm going to make an updated version of my polymer clay Plumeria Flower tutorial. It's by far the most popular tutorial on this Blog! I think I could make a much better version of it now, though :)
  • I'm also going to have a go at making a Plumeria flower cane, but I don't know if I'll make it in to a tutorial or not.
  • More ear cuffs!
  • I'm planning on making a dragon fruit cane, because I love dragon fruit but there is a severe lack of tutorials for the canes :D
  • I'm currently going through an artistic-looking-earrings phase, so I'll be making a few tutorials on that.
  • I want to make some 'Kawaii' style charms... I'm not entirely sure what, though.
  • NYAN CAT!
(Btw, I know this is no longer a 'short' update!)