1 September 2012

Origami inspired earrings

I said a while ago that I wanted to use different things other that polymer clay, so I've moved on to Origami :D

You can see my sister's toys in the
background! XD
I made tiny little cranes :) (Don't try this if you don't have patience!) If cranes are to hard for you, try making tiny flapping birds. They work too.
There is a flap of paper between the bird's wings. You use a needle to push a hole through this, and slide through a small jump ring. Close the ring then you can attach another and add on your earring hook.


This is only one pair of the lucky star earrings I've made, I've also made them with wire wrapped around them. This one, however, if probably the most complex one...

You need to put a piece of wire through each individual star, then attach it all together...






If you don't know any origami and this makes no sense whatsoever to you, here is how to make the origami I used on this post: origami cranelucky star

If you're really good at origami, you could try making flower earrings. If you're so perfect at origami you've mastered the Kawasaki rose, well done because that is kind of impossible to me! Anyway, you could use that  rose to make jewellery.