17 February 2013

Triple layer bracelet!

Yeah, there's a big story behind why I decided to make this! So, my sister bought a bracelet at her school one day (they were having a Summer fair), and I thought it looked really cool and decided to make one! I searched the internet, in the hope I would find a tutorial, but nothing. I really could not find any tutorials. Obviously, other people had had the same idea, because I was finding pictures that looked very similar to it. So, rather than giving up (I'm just too stubborn!), I had a good look at my sister's bracelet and realised it really wasn't a very difficult thing to make at all. I decided to get all of my stuff together and make one myself! I had to make some of the beads myself, and this of course had a nasty effect on my lovely bead collection (I literally had to use all of them!).

So, here are a few beautiful picture of my arm I mean, my bracelet:



I like the way this angle of my arm looks for some reason...
And one with out my arm:

Sorry for the blurry-ness!
As you can see, it just won't stand up on it's own. I think this is because of the cord I used, but I don't think it really matters. Here's a picture of it next to my sister's bracelet (I didn't steal it btw, she let me borrow it for my blog!):

I love the way they both look together! they are both very colourful. I don't normally wear very bright jewellery, but I love these bracelets. They are very good for stacking bracelets, and I'm definitely the sort of person who likes to wear lots of bracelets at once. However, I haven't really worn this bracelet much. It just doesn't match the sort of clothes I wear. I'll probably be selling it at some point in the future, in fact. Not that I don't like it, it just isn't really me.

Anyway, I do plan on making a tutorial on the pattern for this at some point! I just don't have enough beads left at the moment to make another one. So watch this space! :D